This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Tuesday, July 13

"This story, like any worth telling, is about a girl..."

So I wrote a post, in the style of a previous post concerning "Girls I wished I had had the guts to ask out", with their redeeming features, reasons I didn't ask them out and where they are now. It was a girl-by-girl account of those who I wished I had asked out, featuring only the most serious applicants. For a while now, after realising I had prompted several friends into asking girls out for the first time and that I was being a hypocrite, I've generally managed to muster the courage to ask a girl out if I've felt I liked them. However, I managed to miss out some serious contenders for the simple reason I was a coward at the time. The list I had constructed, like some beautiful machine capable of lumbering movement and endless destruction, seemed a good idea at the time, until I realised several things.
Firstly, that I know people who read this. And who have a tendency to tattle when drunk. Not LEAST of which is boyWonder himself.
Secondly is the fact that, had I posted my list, one of the girls themselves might stumble across it and, seeing their attributes described (albeit painted in broad strokes of drooling admiration) alongside others in so demeaning a list would anger them. And generally the type of girl I like has more than enough cajones to remove mine when pissed off.
Thirdly, and not least of which, is the fact that the list seems kind of ... shallow. Sticking a list of girls I never had the guts to ask out on a public page seems like a bad idea. I can't really describe why but, suffice to say, "Manhood-Preservation-Sense... tingling".

I guess I could anonymise the list but... we'll see. If I do, it'll be a whole new post for the reasons of post simplicity.
Yeah, two posts in really short time apart. Crazy times. Apologies again if I don't comment or anything. My mom's pc doesn't handle Javascript too well, it seems. And keeps screwing up. A lot.

Currently listening to: "Wonderwall (live cover)" by Ryan Adams