This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Tuesday, June 29

Reality Check

A list of Perfect Women I will never have the chance to go out with as they're fictional:


  • Alice - The main character in Resident Evil. She kicks ass and looks hot. Actress: Milla Jovovich. Plus side: there's a sequel coming out. Favourite moment in the film: Any of shots of Milla's eyes. Or the super-off-the-wall-dog-kick.

  • Sofia - The main character is everything I want in a real girl: arty, funny, foreign, sexy. Incredible. By far my favourite. Actress: Penelope Cruz. Favourite moment in the film: The park scene. "My dreams are a cruel joke..."

  • Marla Singer - Okay, so not conventionally hot... in this movie at least. But screwed up. And hot in a Nihilist-Chuck-Palahniuk-kind-of-way. It's... it may be a "me" thing. Yeah. Actress: Helena Bonham Carter. Favourite moment in the film: In the deleted scenes she says some stuff in bed after sex that's a ... little bit... more risque than what she says in the final cut. And a hell of a lot funnier.

  • Mary Jane Watson - Okay, again not the biggest fan of the actress. But the classic superhero's-girlfriend-love-triangle thing... gotta love that. Superhero yearns for girl. Can't betray friend. Audience yearns for couple to realise. Actress: Kirsten Dunst. Favourite moment in the film: probobly the "you look nice without your glasses" comment thing after MJ has been crying and talked to Peter Parker. Which probobly says more about me than I'd want. Right.

  • Yvaine - a character in a book now. A star this boy has to go find for his "true love" turns out to be a girl. One of my favourite books. Figured she needed a mention. Favourite moment in book: When the star lands she swears. A lot. For some reason, I like that.

  • Emelia - A girl in a book called "Music and Silence" that an ex-girlfriend called Sarah gave me. It is again a favourite book of mine. She seems out of place. I can't really describe it more. Favourite moment in book: When they're meeting in the cellar and Emelia is only concerned with the chickens.

  • Leeloo - The "Perfect" Woman in "The Fifth Element". Looks hot in bandages and bright orange... things. Favourite moment in film: either when she's crying after looking up "War" or whenever she looks kinda lost or attempting to speak English. "Heulp... prease?"

  • Amelie - Quirky, French, a penchant for the imaginative, introverted but has adventures. The kind of girl worth spending 6 months coaxing out of her shell. Favourite moment in film: probobly her Zorro mask part.


After reading Pasta's description of the "real-life versus online blog personas" I'm rather happier posting this. I know I come across as a classic geek here with the action heroines, imaginary characters and helpless feminine types (not to mention my usual posts enthusing about random technology) but I'm allowed to. A friend of mine made some comment about the guys on my course "going home to cry on their blogs while listening to emo-music" and then apologised. And that's probobly true. But I'm not bothered. It's a diary. As people have pointed out repeatedly, it's nice to have an online forum where I can rave, act geeky and reveal as much, or as little, as I wish. Although, to be fair, I dont' attempt to be as anonymous as most bloggers. Perhaps a bad thing?

Currently listening to: "Electro-shock Blues" by The Eels