In which our Hero Does Good
So I went out for a few drinks with Becky last nigh, the girl from Monday/last Friday. She's beautiful and funny and cool, but after talking to her all night (and watching her get drunk) I pretty much realised we'd be a bad couple but could be good friends. After walking her home (and sprinting to get the train) I told her as much. She seemed pretty cool about it (although said she would've given it a shot, which make me rethink) and we've organised a hangning session on Saturday.
So, effectively:
- I've walked up to and engaged in coherent conversation a beautiful, smart girl in a pub.
- I've furthermore organised a meeting for coffee, without saying/doing anything stupid
- I've had a few meetups with this girl, enjoyed her company and conversation but ultimately decided she should be a friend
- I've done all this without doing my classic drunken-attempt-at-lust.
Currently listening to: The low murmurings of a nearby business meeting
Edit: Longish day. Worried about whether I'm gonna get my act together and get travelling up and running. Also worried that I wouldn't get to the places I want to go (Japan, Bali, the world) and that I'll end up spending my time cruising from party to party and drinking my trip away. I don't want to spend all my time with friends. In fact, much as I hate to say it, I'd like to spend as little time with friends as possible.
Saw Lost in Translation tonight. I thought it was an excellent movie, and that I'm in love with Scarlett Johansson. Then again, as Doc has pointed out in the past (hey doc), I tend to go for the character more than the person. So that might be an issue.
Otherwise, eh. Tomorrow's a day dedicated to typing uninteresting things. Feel free to contact me on msn messenger at: secretsquirrel12345 (at) hotmail.com. I'll be taking this email address off end of tomorrow so get it while it's hot.
Currently listening to: "Tommito" by SquarePusher