This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Saturday, September 4

Amazing

I'll add to this tomorrow, when I can assemble the words and constuct a teetering edifice of description, but right now I wanna get out the raw data.
I went out tonight to see The Slide Show Players, which I did, but I also ended up seeing Kid Carpet. Now, if I say they were good, I'd immediately place in your mind this vision of "large gig good". Thumping crowds, live bands... but it wasn't that at all. These guys were incredible.
The Slide Show players... it wasn't a gig. It was a get together. Like when you're kinda drunk and people are just talking and some guy breaks out a guitar. Only these guys rocked out as a family. And they rocked to slides, with amusing rock song lyrics that went along with them. And they handed out free stuff 'cause they couldn't take it on the plane. And they talked. About random stuff. To people in the small, small room they were playing in.
Kid Carpet is my hero and was the support band. The basic premise is that he plays music on a sound deck and using kids toys. Remember those My First Guitar type deals? And that keyboard you used to have as a kid? He makes that guitar wail and that keyboard cry. This guy is amazing. I would seriously, seriously recommend you check his site and watch a video or two of him. If you know me in real life, ask about the CD I bought of his (well, that Babs bought for me). I'll lend it to you, provided it doesn't leave my sight. It's incredible. And, well, there's more, but I need to sleep now.
Fantastic night.

Currently listening to: "Jump" - Kid Carpet