This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Friday, September 3

all good things (and bad things... all things, really)...

Bored bored bored bored.
Work consists of typing up a "Dummies Guide to Word 2000" for the office staff. So I'm really glad I spent all that money on a degree.
On the plus side, I don't have to walk around and listen to people complain about various PC problems and I get to listen to online radio.
Auckland Uni radio, X-fm and 5fm are my mainstays and are rather a weird selection: a New Zealand uni radio, a London Alternative/Rock radio station and a South African Radio station respectively.

Tonight I'm off to see the The Slide Show players, this funky family that show slides they've found in thrift stores, car boot sales and the like, and set them to music they play. It should be interesting if nothing else. Anyone who's heard of them or seen 'em - shove an opinion somewhere.

Interesting read. He's also waxed lyrical concerning religious arguments very similiar to what Shaun and my South African buddies used to discuss. Also a smart guy. Plus, he's written about 16 000 words worth of blog in a few months. We've been going for more than a year and I've only reached 80 000. Visit it.

Much as I hate to say it kids, I'm thinking this site's gonna be going down. Soon. And I'm pretty certain we'll organise something in it's place, but it'll be in a land far, far away and such. Will also be out of the way. I'm not saying it'll be unfindable (because I know certain of you will find it out of sheer stubborness and berate me) but it'll be hidden.

Currently contemplating: The infinite oneness of true self. Plus, I'm hungry.

Edit: I forgot to mention Last.fm, a site that lets you create your own radio station. Effectively, you build a profile by choosing what artists/songs you enjoy the most and then the site builds a profile for you, introducing you to similiar artists to those you know. And you get to listen to all of this for free. Score. It takes a while to build an accurate profile though. I've been offered a lot of Pink Floyd lately.