This Sucks
So Ruth and I have kind of ended it. She's up north, I'm working all the time and don't have the cash to visit her. I guess it was gonna happen but it sucks.
Went out last night. Spent today attempting to find my local Ultimate Frisbee team. When I did, they were actually having a chuckabout (meaning: throwing a Frisbee around). They're far away (about 30 minutes drive or an hour train journey) but decent guys. I'll see if I can play with them when they start practice. I've also lined up a second job at a local petrol station for weekends.
Dark! During the week he's an IT consultant. But at the weekend he becomes... PETROL ATTENDANT DUDE! It's an 8 hour shift of sitting in a petrol station doing... nothing. It does mean I get reading time and harmonica practising time and coin magic practise time. Which is good.
So this is shit. I miss Ruth.
Currently listening to: "Wild is the wind" - Cat Power
Edit: Today isn't looking promising. I finished up the above rambling at about 3am, early Sunday morning. I figured I'd get to sleep until my grandfather arrived at 10:30am. Well, my mom didn't get to pick him up on time and so, after 20 minutes of waiting, he phones the house. This I'm fine with. Only the phone is actually on my bed when it rings. Since I was in the middle of a particularly cool and vivid dream, this throws me out of bed and onto my floor. The time: 7:45am. After about 3 more garbled phone calls (he puts the phone down accidentally twice), I realise my mom hasn't arrived and I'm not gonna be sleeping anymore.
The dream: I'm back at my father's house in South Africa. For some reason, there are a few hundred desks inside the house and the people in the dreams, including me, all have their own. Each desk is unique, both in terms of the wood/metal of it, and what's on it. There are various people in the dream, including Bob (get out of my dreams, asshold) and my brothers. I end up having an argument with my brothers when they go outside to "put some Salad cream on the bird table, just to see what happens" and I storm inside again, passing my mom's boyfriend crouched in a cupboard. I meet twin girls called Abby and Joey (both the names of girls I know) and realise Abby has a thing for me, but I'm too peeved and not really interested (God knows why - she was hot in the dream) so I keep walking to my desk. Then the phone rung and threw me from my bed.
Currently listening to: "Fly Away" - Allison Krauss (The O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack)