This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Saturday, August 14

Saturday

The highlight of today is going to be watching "Die Hard". That's it.
According to the original plan, and Shogun's blog, I was supposed to head out into 8 hours of house and dancing and drinking. Instead, a firm smackdown by my mother (Yes... yes, I am 22 years old) has denied me of this pleasure.
So I'm stuck here. Bored. Again.

As of Monday, due to the lack of contract for the IT job, I'm going to be working the night shift at TNT deliveries. Basically, from midnight till 8am I pack trucks with delivery boxes. My brother's done this and was effectively nocturnal (not to mention shit tired) for a month. Part of me doesn't want to do it because it's a crap job and another part of me wants to do it because it means I can get out of the house for once.
Plus, you know, saving for travelling.

Currently listening to: "Buttefly" - Mason Jennings

Edit: Right about now, they're probobly entering The Ministry of Sound. And all the hot girls are all "Hey, we're just gonna sit here openly hot, mildly drunk and therefor highly suggestible."
The reason I didn't go tonight is that I have no money and what money I have is owed to people. I hate being broke. And everything is irritating me right now. Especially my mom's boyfriend who, while mildly drunk came back from the pub and do the only 3 things that instantly make me angry. Namely:

  • arrive during a movie and ask what's going on, loudly and persistently, with comments like "who's he?" and "why's he got that thing? What is that?".
  • starting to sing a song you dedn't know, can't sing, and, in fact, was incredibly beautiful before he mistakenly and stupidly decided his braying ass of a voice could attempt to render it.
  • Comment loudly throughout the movie. Despite appearances, this is different from my first comment. These are more "He's not happy about that, hyuk, hyuk". And, and I-swear-to-God-I-shit-you-not-here, he actually will say "hyuk, hyuk".

I really, really wish I was somewhere else.