This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Monday, August 2

Let's roll

Bright continues to amaze. Words, phrases and entire grammatical constructs fail me.
I spent the yesterday afternoon hanging with Babs, an old college friend who I can quite clearly state is the most fun girl I have the privilege to hang with. I can't exactly place why, but I always find myself giggling with her about something stupid and I used to consider it a good thing when I could get her to laugh about something more than I was. Example: she told me about cattle grids. More specifically, she told me how, despite the fact that cattle grids are supposed to stop cattle passing, a herd of sheep in England have discovered how to evade them: they roll. I kid you not. Somehow, these sheep found that if they rolled over the grid they were able to elude their captors and pursue their own sheep dreams and sheep hopes. I found this tremendously funny and collapse in a bookstore in a most illiterate manner. We hang, discussing "penii" (our jointly decided new plural for penis) and life and girls and work. Good times.
Tomorrow starts a new, week long contract job at a rather large company who want me to fix their office network. Cue: me, alternately nervous and happy, and with money signs flickering on and off in my mind.
Otherwise, running a lot and collapsing in small, gasping heaps of manflesh. I've also sent off 5 questions to she of New Zealand and later I shall send to kiddo, of our comments, a new set.
Now though: fajitas. Guacamole owns you.

Currently listening to: "Don't Panic" - Coldplay