This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Tuesday, August 31

The end?

Just a quick post for those of you who know me personally (i.e. in real life) and are aware of this site: Please do not spread the word. The original idea behind this site was just a place to sound off about our personal lives, but this sudden influx of people who're actually a part of that scene makes it difficult to keep doing what we do. I really don't want to have to pull this place down if people who I've mentioned or would like to mention are aware of it. I know boyWonder shares my views on this and, if anything, I'll take the cautious route and bust this place down if I feel either of us are in jeoprady from losing friends/exposing our personal lives or thoughts unduly.

Currently listening to: the Sucky Tuesday Blues in my head

Edit: lil Hun's been having a free for all on her blog while she's at Burning Man, allowing pretty much all her online buddies to post. Myself included. So go check it out. Also - Bob's currently in surgery for his knee. Let's all pray there's some kind of mixup and he's accidentally turned into a Bionic Cyborg Killer machine. 'Coz that'd rock. Also: Our conversations are gonna get us arrested someday.

Edit: So to explain about coffee yesterday. All went fairly well - she turned up (always a good start) and we talked and walked and hung out. After a while I realised that I could talk to her fairly reasonably about a lot of things and that, I guess, the main reason that this was so was this girl was mature, bearing in mind she's 25 which, I guess, isn't that much older. So the conversation was good. In terms of looks, the girl is stunning. Fairly tall, blonde, blue eyes. She also speaks 4 languages, is half-French and works in Marketing. She drives, shares a flat with a friend and is kinda fun. She works in a bar part-time and kickboxes. All in all - fantastic.
Then the downer: (While I don't want to sound like an episode of Sex and the City) I didn't think there was any ... spark. There was no chemistry. This girl thinks I'm cute. I think she's cute. But I'm not attracted to her. God knows why. Anyway, half-heartedly I ask whether she'd like to come out with myself and some friends (shogun et al.) and am very surprised when she agrees. So she comes out, it's all okay but... the whole thing feels like a sham. About as akin to a real date or going out as Lego does to the Moon. Anyway, she drops me off at home and we say goodbye. No hint of a kiss. No thought of anything beyond a lift. From either party. She's texted me this morning asking whether I was "angry about last night" and I'm not. I'm just... thinking this whole thing was a waste of time and I'd be better off saying so now. And that the girl is totally inscrutable.