Drinking bourbon and taking over the world
Yes, we're playing Risk tonight. "We" being my brothers, me, my bro's friend, a friend I got drunk with the first time I met him and proclaimed him "my friend for life", and "le 'Gun", as the ladies know him. None of us have played the game in years, but I'm thinking that once the drink starts flowing and someone's sitting on Australasia (there's always one, isn't there? Someone who sit on New Guinea and won't. bloody. move.), cursing and throwing of pieces shall ensue. At that point we'll bust out a movie.
Speaking of which, I saw The Bourne Supremacy yesterday. Shogun has a critical overview of it, due mostly to him being... him: the owner of every 007 movie ever. I found the Bourne sequel the same as the first: excellent for it's low-key, realistic, hardcore spy, Jason Bourne, but bad for it's stupid camerawork. While the action sequences look impressive, any real fight work is obscured by horrific angle switches and blurry sequences that fail to add any "high pace" effect - seemingly what they're intended to do.
I've also been working on that Processing Ant Simulator thing (nickname: p-Ants... I crack me up) today and hopefully I'll tidy it up and tomorrow put it on the new, highly CSS'ed Dark Projects... which I'll also finish off tomorrow.
Currently listening to: "Two Timing Touch and Broken Bones" - The Hives
Edit: Oli and Shogun booked it fairly early. I, on the other hand, got battered , an anglicism that means "I got really, really drunk,", and phoned Ruth. I miss her so much. It's this shitty line between seeing her again and thinking "This long distance, long term thing ain't gonna work". Every time I speak to her or think of her I'm all "it can work, it's fine, I can work it" then when I stop...
I need a job. Once I have money I have actively decide "I'm gonna get a train ticket to Ruth" or not. Or whatever.
I miss her so much.
Currently listening to: "Saying Goodbye" - Sugarcult Like, the best band EVER...
Edit 2: I didn't mean to steal boyWonder's thunder, after this being this only post in ages. But I was posting at 'xactly the same time. Anyways: 'Twas brillig... - seriously... Lewis Carroll rules...
I Miss Ruth.
Edit 3:She, the lady of Carroll has updated with questions I sent her. Yo.