This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Thursday, July 1

"You're kinda... stuck where you are..."

Like the rest of you I wish the kid a good summer in South America (note: SA = South Africa. SA != South America). Hope you don't get those fish, you know, the spiny ones, with the barbs, that get in your... thing... and like, you know, expand? Yeah. Don't get them. Gimme a ring or something tomorrow if you get the time.

I'm off for a TB test later today (after one of my housemates found out he had it - see the Archives round 2 months ago) which should be fun. I'm going with another ex-housemate and we were originally planning on being mildly drunk when we went but I'm thinking that might not be a good time. Given my history of doing incredibly stupid things when drunk - the kind of stupid things that would take a genius, nay, a throng of genuises 25 minutes to sit down and concentrate on "Stupidity" in order to conceive of - I thought "Hospital + Drinking = Bad".

Ruth might be coming up (down?) to Lancaster sometime so I might get to see her. Sweetness.

My source for most personal reviews geekbased recommend Spider-man 2 using the X-Men series as an example, which I find pleasing in same manner I find the terms "busty wench" or "free champagne" pleasing, as well as identifying and elucidating why, exactly, they consider him a Good Superhero. I agree with all their points but... (I wrote a long, uninteresting bit here about superheroes, comparing Batman with his lack of powers to Spiderman with his, and then arguing a "Spiderman is more vulnerable" point despite this. Then I realised what a waste of time the whole thing was. And that I still like Batman more.)

To Discuss in the comments: Woman/Man I would most like to find covered only in rose petals on my bed. (Disallowed: Current "significant others" or "no-one". Extra points: "rose petals" alternatives)
Currently listening to: "Bad days" by The Flaming Lips