This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Monday, July 26

Tech

A few tech bits before I break it down with some funky vibes. Or something.
Firsly, as you've probobly noticed, I've installed a Dark Bookmarks things on the right there, using a combination of Feedroll, a site provides the HTML/JavaScript to setup the bar-type thing, and Delicious, a bookmarklet that means you can bookmark your favourite sites to an online storage, which Feedroll then displays on your page. The main reason I mention all this is twofold:
1) So you can do the same. I know I spend way too much bored on the internet and I quite like the idea of viewing some of my favourite online peoples bookmarks.
2) So you can, if you wish, use the miracle of an RSS feed to be updated as and when, for example, I update my bookmarks. How, I hear you ask, do I do this? RSS provides a streaming update of whatever "feeds" you subscribe to. So, for example, you download a free program for subscribing to any feeds, subrscribe to said feeds by finding an RSS link, mine included (on the bottom of my Link page), and then simply await updates, which will stream to you via the program whenever the feed is updated. Sites like Slashdot, The BBC and Penny-Arcade all have RSS feeds available. I might post a tutorial on setting up a Bookmark HTML feed like the on left if anyone wants one.

The tech blurb over, I continue with my life. I'm packing for my move back south. This is a mammoth task, considering I have to move 3 years worth of stuff in a single car journey of 5 hours. I've also had to say goodbye to quite a few friends already, which has left me kind of depressed. C'est la vie, I guess but it still blows goats. I've also... (about a 4 hour interlude here where I packed and hung with Ruth).... totally forgotten how I was gonna end this sentence.
I was going to write a whole bunch about where I want to travel to here but, alas, time has slipp'd mine grasp and I yearn for KFC. Either tonight or tomorrow, kiddies.

Currently listening to: "Come" - Lemon Jelly