Remarkably
My Life seems to have reached this plateau that I has evoked a reaction from me I imagine only those life-forms just realising their intelligence and place in the world could mimic: a kind of blinking, long stare at the scenery around them, conscious of their every breath, the beauty and tranquility of their lives suddenly visible to them. Just before an unintelligent but remarkably larger creature pops out of aforesaid scenic... scenery and eats them.
I sat on the roof of a friends house today, drinking cold beers in the sun, contemplating what I guess all 22 year olds contemplate: the fact that we're seemingly immortal (if only for now) and that life is good. That I have a 2:1 and a potentially shiny career looming or, alternatively and at worst, a interesting and amazing life ahead of me.
A path through the dense rainforest of Life, the scuttlings of lesser beings and twitterings of those of seemingly a different species, colourful and bemusing if nothing else, providing a complex and beautiful soundtrack to my wanderings. Fair enough, I've had 2 beers, but I think I'm all the better for it.
If I can plan it well (and I plan to... if that makes any kind of temporal sense) I may get to spend a few hours with Ruth on Friday, albeit in Birmingham New Street Train Station while I await another train. Kind of like "A Brief Encounter", only Ruth isn't married... as far as I know.
Currently listening to: "Never Let you Go" by Third Eye Blind
"That girl is like a sunburn,
I would like say,
The girl is like a sunburn..."
Edit: Right, so I'm not be able to see Ruth on Friday. Stupid trains. On the other hand:
My penis's new name is Frank the Magical Battleaxe.
Take Name Your Penis
by badasstronaut today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Name Generator Generator.