Indeed
So, as I said, I'm back south. It's good to be back and see my family as it's been about 6 months since I saw either my brothers or my mom. Plus, it's been a while since a well-stocked and naively accessible fridge has been at my disposal.
Good news though - I've scored enough money from my Dad, through what can best be described as "Emotional Blackmail", to live in the North for a while. So the current plan is to be back in Lancaster and hanging out from next Wednesday. Still no reply from my PhD peoples but a sternly worded email has been on it's way and should set them in their place.
So till Wednesday: free food, cousins and brothers, and Southern English Peoples. To explain: the Southern English are stereotypically regarded as Record Producers, Architects and Graphic Designers - along with the Frappucinos, Porsches and iPods that the titles suggest. Truly, Hampshire, England is the land of "Daddy's Buying me a Pony" and the village I live in when here, as it's the last on the direct train to London, has more BMW, cell-phone bearing, ponytail-carrying yuppies than all of the North together. It makes for interesting conversations though. Nowhere else have I heard someone complain about their Cappucino Not Being Hot Enough.
I yearn to see Spiderman 2 with my entire frame. Only 4 days though. I'll just rock myself to sleep again, whispering "Peter Parker" to myself whilst wearing a red-haired wig.
Currently listening to: My little cousin (aged 4, a little girl) bossing around my entire family.