This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Friday, July 2

Dark and.... um....

Woah. So suddenly boyWonder skips town for 2 months and it's "Dark and... no-one". Harsh.
The main reason I started this blog (and make no mistake, I started this badboy; despite boyWonder's many admirable qualities, as his posts show his lack of web grasp is simply phenomenal) was for communication betwixt us two. And my thinking was also that, pre-blog, our communication was generally so surreal as to make Dali sit down and check his meds and would provide a nice kinda read for anyone bored enough.
It seems that time has reduced this to "simply a blog" - somewhere where we both cry out our problems and random thoughts, without really communicating, beyond explaining our current situations. But I'm pretty happy with that, given the small online company we've gathered and the good times we have.

See - re-reading the above paragraph highlights why this blog only works if we're both working it. kidRomeo counters my overly Grammar-and-Spelling-Nazism with his unpunctuated posts, my overly wordy posts with his simple, but interesting, posts about random girls and his unfettered emotion and somehow naive, comic and earnest manner counters my somewhat overly cycnical rantings.
Plus, like 3 different, very important girls in my life have mentioned: I think too much. kidRomeo tends to do, as his trip to South America shows.
Anyway: basically I'm gonna try and keep you entertained by trying out short, yet interesting, "polaroid posts" - still shots of my life, ala 6 Impossible.

As of Tuesday I start making "Mystery Shopper" calls for Teleconomy. Basically, I phone an International Company's local branch in South Africa and pretend to be local and interested in their service/product in order to test.
Upside: £8 an call. Downside: I need to recover my South African accent pronto. Solution: listen to 5fm, what was my favourite radion station in SA.

Discuss in the comments: Sexiest accent and why. Bonus points: Accent you'd most like to have.
Currently listening to: "Look what you've done" by Jet