This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Thursday, July 29

5 Questions, While You Wait

1. You're renowned for your good ratings on Hot-or-Not, and Bright has
a weird ability to pull in clubs through his crazy drunken dancing.
Chatting up a girl in a bar, who do you think has a better chance -
you or Bright?

Difficult to answer. boyWonder tends to get the girl he likes on the dancefloor and has better odds on actually getting a girl he likes. I tend to end up with whomsoever approaches me first, with the more drunk I am determining the leeway of my personal standards. However, in a sheer chatup... chatoff... I'd be willing to place odds on me. All modesty aside (and to quote Oscar Wilde, "all modesty is false, or it is not modesty") I've got my mom's eloquence and my dad's ability to bullshit. Me and boyWonder could get drunk and battle it out sometime though. That'd be fun. There could be money put on it too. Some kind of live, online betting pool.
2. Who is the person you would least like to find your blog?
My mom. I'd never be able to blog again and I would have to destroy the archives. Or store them somewhere else. Imagine your mom finding your diary (although this is not a diary, as such). Now imagine that feeling of personal intrusion and knowing-of-things-not-meant-to-be-known, only a thousand times worse. Seriously.
3. If both walked into the room right now, and announced their
intentions to go out with you, would you choose Ruth or Emily?

Well, hey. So that's the feeling of my balls in a vice, right now. I'd be a liar if I didn't say I'd be forced to consider. Ruth. I'd go with Ruth. I've not seen Emily in forever, I think I'm firmly over her, all the other half-truths. But I'd still go with Ruth. I'd be torn and feel weird but I like Ruth. And we had something good.
4. You've done a few bad jobs I think. What's the absolute worst one
you've done?

In terms of sheer exhausting work, I'd have to say Summer Camp last year. I've never been more tired, more over-worked or more pressured. Everything from childcare, to Mountain Biking, to Newspaper design, to photo classification. Mind-numbing and tiring. It was fun though and I met great people. "Worst" would have to be telesales. No fun. Crap pay. Boring people (bar Ruth) and bad hours.
5. If money wasn't such a pressing problem, where in the world would
you choose to live?

I honestly don't know. Not England. And not South Africa. The plan was to travel till I found somewhere. I'd be willing to bet it'd be in Europe somewhere, but definitely a large city. I get the feeling I have several years of large-city living in me.

So: stick a comment on this post and ask to be questioned and I shall email you with 5 questions you need to post the truthful answers to on your blog. First come, first served. And muchos gracias to Si/Pasta/Pete for his, quite frankly, unexpectedly interesting/good questions. I salute you, sir.

There was a sixth questions concerning "Of the two of you who could outdrink the other" but I believe it's firmly established I could outdrink Bright even if I was already drunk and he wasn't such a woosy lightweight drinker. Which he is. The loser.


Currently listening to: My washing machine's spin cycle. Still no music up and running.