Today was actually an okay day. Firstly the bad parts:
1) All the cool housemates from my place have left. One due to TB and the other due to the third housemate, the one I'm left with. It's me and drunk-and-beliggerent-girlfriend-hater guy. Whoope dee and hurrah.
2) A 6 hour shift today. Best excuse: "I can't really answer the survey. I'm actually on the toilet right now."
Yeah. I kid you not.
3) Money. Always a problem.
4) The realisation that I need to read all the stuff on the PhD tonight - as in the technical papers - by tomorrow morning, in order to appear knowledgable for when Nottingham University phone me.
Good Things:
1) I planned out all of my p-Ants algorithms during my shift. Not fantastically interesting, but a nice idea to have mid-shift. Plus it was nice to actually accomplish stuff as well as pre-debug stuff (*badooom kssshhh*.... see? Ants/debug? ...no?)
2) My friend, Ruth. The girl I mentioned yesterday, the one who laughed at the dead joke, was also at work today and we pretty much hung out during work, the breaks, lunch and in general. Turns out she's damn cool. She's into the same kinda bands as me, even the obscure ones. She's an English student, who was also majoring in music. She's making me a mix cd and wants me to come out to this cheesy club on Wednesday. I'm thinking more "friend" than "girlfriend" but I totally want that. She's just so cool. Yeah. Well, other than she was all "You're a third year? You're old." And then "I saw this band with a whole bunch of guys your age. They only played old Led Zeppelin tracks." What the hell? When was 21 decided to be old? Jesus. I nearly phoned my mom to check I wasn't old. Yeah.
That's pretty much it. Bright: I'd recommend a copy of Dungeon Siege, if you gots the machine to run it. Think: Diablo, but fantastically pretty and the hotness, plus really, really long and interesting.
Edit: "What am I doing? Oh, just, you know pornin' around..."
Edit 2:Mad props to Eric - the boy can convey some mad emotions... My personal favourites include "Being born" and "Hamster in Underpants". Also "Not wearing any underwear but no-one knows but you."
Dark And Bright
"It's all about sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."
This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.