So I'm back. The ball was incredible and I enjoyed every second of it. I saw people I'd not talked to for ages, including old housemates and friends from my course. There were comedians, DJ's and this guy called the Regurgitator.
He swallowed things.
I had a great time. Not only did I get to wear a tux, something I rarely get to enjoy, but I got to hang out with some really good friends. I had about 3 beers and just relaxed with people the entire night. There were great parts to the good night, including dancing madly to some great, memorable songs from the last ... 16 years, I guess... of my education, talking with friends and a kiss.
It seemed like this timeless moment, with friends, music, dancing and this ease of life that I know will be gone next week.
For the moment, I've only got a few photos which I'm too tired to post individually here. I've kind put one of them on Dark Projects and I'll put more on as and when I get them. I think I also got about 20 seconds of dancing on my camera, again which will end up on the projects.
Anyway, work today and I get to talk to Ruth again. Sweetness.
Also: just before the ball I received a text message from Laura stating stuff about her new boyfriend. I felt bad for, oh, maybe 20 seconds before I stopped caring. Then I forgot about it till now. I now regard it as kind of petty on her part. Why the hell did I go out with her?
Edit: So I've spent the day working at Teleconomy and I spent a large portion of it talking to Ruth. But, see, I kinda kissed a girl at Graduation Ball - this girl being someone I've not mentioned on this blog. But Ruth is gonna be out tonight and offered to buy me a drink as I managed to get the word "orangutan" into a survey call today. She failed with my dare of the word "contraption", a word I figured way easier to work into a survey about internet buying. But if Girl 2 is there tonight... what then? Both are intelligent, cute in different ways (Ruth: brunette rocker chick, 2nd Girl: small surfer-esque blonde) and seemingly interested. I know Ruth is as she's already given me a fairly moody compilation tape and attempted many times to get me to come out and I'm sure the second girl is as, well, she stated so. And more.
Plus, weirdly, both have initiated Bright's strange question game of "think of a weird question, ask the person you like. Answer = attractiveness." With Ruth, she initiated the whole "insert a word into a telephone survey" game and with the 2nd girl, she asked myself, and others, what animals we'd have on a long car journey. (Her answer: Owl. Wise, cool, low maintenance. "Watch ooooout, the traffic light is red" etc.)
Ah well. I shall have to drink a few more beers and mourn my tragic, tragic situation, whilst not being smug at all.
As Bright said: "woot" I say. That's right: "woot".
Edit 2: To clarify: In order to get in the word orangutan I ended the call with "Thank you, and Orangutan."
Also, I decided on the Spider-monkey or Flying Squirrel for my travel companion. Reason: best of both worlds either way.
On my jukebox: The Jungle Brothers - "Because I got it like that (Fatboy Slim remix)"
Dark And Bright
"It's all about sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."
This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.