This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Sunday, June 20

Nothing quite like rolling out of bed at 4pm.
Yeah: Ruth.
Going to go to a friends birthday barbeque in an hour. Have to shower, get rid of "messed up" hairstyle (why do girls do that? is it a territory thing?) and get some food in my undernourished body.

On the Jukebox: Beck - "Satan gave me a taco"

Edit: To explain: last night I joined up with the Ultimate Frisbee team guys and we had our annual prize-giving. I was awarded "the Player most likely to invade a small Western European Country". Which is cool. I have been eyeing Switzerland in what could be described as a hungry manner.
As we'd booked out the entire top level of a cocktail bar in town for a Ultimate Tournament that didn't happen so in the end, we had stupid amounts of space and some great cocktail deals. 4 large cocktails, and all of my money for the night, later we decided to head to the club where Ruth said she'd buy me a drink. Deciding to live for the moment (where the moment was one of drunken splendour) I withdrew the last of my cash for, well, ever and hit the club. Ruth found me after a while (although we've debated as to who hit on who) and talked for ages. We inevitably "lost" everyone and left on our own.

She's pretty cool. Not only have I found out a hell of alot about my workplace (the telemarketting place), but I've also found things out about people there. Apparently a recently-quit boss, one who interviewed me for the job, described me to Ruth (before Ruth met me) as "sex on legs". As the female boss in question is 30+ and I assumed didn't like me at all, I'm mildly surprised. Ruth suggested that when we work together again we find a stationery cupboard and, just before our overtly loud moans draw the Admin staff, I scream the Boss's name in ecstasy. I can't lie: I'm considering it.
Ruth is originally from Birmingham but isn't cursed with the accent. I don't like Northern English girls, due mostly to the "we're in a coal mine, let's drink some beer" accents, but her accent is generic English and only occasionally a vowel acquires a bit more of a rounded edge than usual. She has very large pupils set in light brown eyes, giving her a slightly bush-baby, awed look. Along with a very slim figure and reddish brown hair: sexy.
The girl is more of a Verbal Ninja than even I and I consider myself at least in the Black Belt echelon of those skilled in the Martial Arts of the Spoken Word. Her ability to not only come back with good insults but also to use long words and look hot in jeans means she's more than capable of defeating me.
She leaves next Saturday for the summer and since I'm definitely not going to be in Lancaster next year I'm guessing it's adieu and fairwell. Which is okay. And she seems fine about it for now.
She left at 4pm this afternoon with my favourite hooded top and I'm gonna go see her on campus tomorrow. Meet her flatmates (all 11 other girls). And hang.

On the Jukebox: Cat Power - "Wild is the wind" (from the compilation tape Ruth made me 2 days ago. Incredibly beautful, sad song.)