"No, I'm sorry, I can't talk to you right now as I'm watching porn."
- Actual reason a man refused a phone survey last night
I have an 8 hour phone-survey shift now. Blergh.
Edit: Man, that shift sucked. By about hour 5 you just can't handle any more rejection. The idea of someone putting down the phone on you or, as one guy did today, screaming "IF THIS IS ANOTHER FUCKING TELESALES CALL, YOU CAN FUCK OFF!" just kills you. Tomorrow: a 6 hour shift. God.
On the plus side, I think I made a friend. I didn't speak to this girl too much but made some joke about phoning dead people and she laughed. Pretty much everyone else just kinda looked uneasy. Then she waved when she left. Which is nice.
Also, spent tonight saying goodbye to my friend Bob who'd been staying in my house for 2 weeks. That wasn't exactly fun but it was good to just hang out with him and some other people tonight, the highlight being me breaking into a construction site to recover our tennis ball. I made to climb some crazy girders and skirt some barb wire.
Also, I saw this incredible girl who was there with her boyfriend but as soon as I saw her I had this "I've met you before when drunk and we talked for ages" feeling, which she quite clearly also had because she had this weird look on her face for ages and keep looking at me. Amazing light brown hair but crazy blue eyes.
I'm really, really tired now. Sleep time.
Dark And Bright
"It's all about sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."
This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.