This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Monday, June 28

Don't mind me...

I always hate posting after Bright's posted something more worthy of reading than my mere ramblings. Site comments are now Haloscan-based, due to your feedback. I'm still gonna get a chat bar up. Feel it's kinda necessary. I'll post stuff about my actual life later but for now read Bright's interesting weekend.
Also, I'm gonna add a link bar again and may link some blogs, so if you're particularly averse to being linked then state so in the comments (I know Pasta is) - otherwise you may be linked.

Currently listening to: "She don't use Jelly" by The Flaming Lips

Edit: So I've not really posted much on my actual life lately. Ruth left, pretty much forever, on Saturday morning. Which kinda sucks as I'm really gonna miss the little tramp (yeah, I've told her about this site so I'm looking to provoke her).
All the students have pretty much drained out of the town, leaving me with a few really good friends who either live in Lancaster or are sticking around over the summer. It's weird but after only 3 days already I'm already kinda bored and lonely. Sure, I've got work to do and people to hang out with but I have no money whatsoever. This leads to situations where I have to decline going out, and seem a un-fun dude, or go out and rely on other people for money. I already owe my friends WAY too much money.
That's the nice thing about Ruth. I could hang out with her. Also, she was kinda my sugar-momma (...okay, she only bought me some KFC and bus-fare twice but come on - I've gotta use it if I can).
So my days are now gonna consist of: looking for temporary jobs that will pay off in the next 2 weeks (not gonna happen) and avoiding my drunken, porn-craving housemate who continues to use my house solely for the purposes of porn and drunken passing out, despite the fact he moved out 2 weeks ago, leaving only his pc in his room and the faint aroma of cheap whiskey. The few times he's slept here he starts drinking by 11:00am. This I discovered when I figured I'd finish his leftover coffee, only to find it about a 1/3rd coffee and 2/3rds whiskey.
As an aside: his preferred brand of cheap whiskey is called "Lone Piper". I've come to understand, over the last 7 months, why exactly this Piper is alone.
So effectively, to summarise my life in haiku form:
I have a degree
of high usefullness,
but no job and I miss Ruth.


Ideally, all traditional haikus should mention the season of composition, hence the "peach blossom falls" type lines. I've not done so because, despite the fact it's summer, it's rained the last few days. I refuse to call this "summer".

Edit 2: FUCK. I have ONE fucking bill left. Work's refusing to pay me for another week. My ex-housemate's parents are refusing to cough up for bills till they get proof of them. I have NO food. And NO money. Like 0 for each. Nothing. NADDA. I may actually starve, only to be found a week later when the fucking gas-guy comes to disconnect me for not paying a fucking stupid bill.