This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Thursday, May 13

My dreams suck.
Whenever I wake up too early I have a tendency to have a song stuck in my head. Usually, it's actually more 2/3rds of a line of a song in my head.
So, for example, I went into the exam yesterday with a Crystal Method song rebounding in my skull. Since they're effectively dance music, the resulting lyrics are mildly disturbing and the effect odd.
Basically, I sat there mumbling: "...bbooom... kssshh... bound TOO long...", with the emphasis clearly stating that I had, in fact, enjoyed my initial binding but that, due to time constraints and a busy social calendar, I had been bound an altogether far too long a timespan. Yes.
Today, as I'm off to the library stupidly early, it appears to be Cake with "Hem of your Garment".
"And eyyyyyyyyeeee--mmm not fit to touch, the hem of your GARment.."
If you say that sentence out loud mildly phonetically you can see why I don't like waking up early.

Edit: If you're not a computer geek, read no further than this, lest ye die of boredom:
You know you're a serious geek when a Wi-Fi DoS exploit arises and you find yourself physically yearning for a PDA with wireless access, your body and mind bending toward the idea as sunflowers do our yellow star. While it's intrinsically a property of CSMA/CD networks, I'd never thought about the fact WiFi was such a network or that it could be exploited very, very easily. Damnit. The great thing is that it is such a basic exploit it effectively needs some form of firmware upgrade, and with the amount of WiFi enabled gadgetry arising at the moment it'd be nice to have a proprietary "jammer" for anything not aware of this. I've always wanted to write my own "useful" software.
Well, "WiFi Kill" has been added to my "List of Programs to Write over the Summer", included in which is a Java Lan Chat Client With MMedia support and a Java Webserver/FTP server (ostensibly for use in things like PDA's and other such Java-enabled devices).
Not the most revolutionary of programs, but all in order to beef up my CV and keep me busy. Now to get all the free software I can off my University...