This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Tuesday, May 11

Gah. Woke up this morning at a ridiculous hour (think: 6:00am) as my body is in exam-mode. This is the state whereby my most comforting dreams are all too often wrecked by the sudden though that I may be late for an exam. As a result I sleep lightly at best, and little if lucky. Thankfully, however, I was therefor awake this morning when the nurse turned up at my house.
Yeah, the nurse.
One of my housemates was recently diagnosed with TB. Tuberculosis. The "White Death". As it's a notifiable disease, they have to evaluate and test every member of his immediate contact circle - i.e. partners, housemates, etc. Cue my mom receiving a phonecall the opening line of which was:
"Hi, My name is Maria and I'm a nurse with the Lancaster Tuberculosis Unit. I'm sitting here with your son and..."
While I'm not a fan of Valium, I'd not fault my mom for popping at least 3 this morning, especially considering the fact she was asleep when the call woke her.
Long story short, I need chest x-rays and a quick medical in 2 months time in order to determine whether I'm gonna be coughing up lung butter for a while.
Otherwise, got to library in time in order to get a chair in the Silent Reading Room. Joy. And now I'm studying. Yeah.

Edit: Oh yeah. This blog's been going for a year today. Groovy, no?

Edit 2: Yeah, so I like movie trailers (despite the fact I usually want to know NOTHING about a movie before I see it) and this site, showing all the up-n-comers and this site, web-reknowned for it's huuuuge database make for good viewing/reading. Just a heads up. I'm pretty excited they're making a Resident Evil 2, as the first one kicked ass.