This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Monday, May 17

Firstly, Leonardo was quite clearly the winner. When he wasn't kicking ass with his swords, he was being stupidly intelligent, cool and the leader. In my opinion, leader = winner. And, by the way, "o.t.t"? They're 6 foot tall Turtles who practise Ninja-like moves. Come on. Plus, swords always get the ladies. Every fool knows that. Whereas those overrated salad prongs Raphael used were clearly not gonna scoop him some hot bewbies.

Secondly, your Moulin Rouge song is just plain stupid. I have no argument for this so I'll just stop there.

Thirdly, had the greatest night last night. We (my housemate, a friend, and 2 girls they know) bought some cold hard boiled eggs, loads of cheese, 2 french bagguettes, some steak-and-ale pies, some normal steak slices, some chips/crisps, spicy gerkins, some salad and finally some really nice red wine and sat out in the sun in the local park and ate/drink all of the above from a picnic hamper. It was fantastic. We had an amazing view over the city and could just see Morecambe Bay in the distance. After this we saw Van Helsing at the cinema which, while it was incredibly cheesy and probobly not worth paying to see, was fun to watch and a nice way to end the evening.

Today will be spent applying for jobs, getting a haircut, getting my graduation in order and generally sorting out stupid things.

Edit: Currently working on some pretty cool things with regards to this site and others. Keep on eye out. On a stick. Yeah.

Edit 2: Links for all y'all.

1: If you don't like having to post to Blogger through their website (and I know kidWonder has had problems) try using Bloggar, a nice little tool you can use to upload your posts with using the site interface.
2: The Webby awards showcase some pretty cool sites. I'd recommend RedvsBlue.
3: Wired News is a pretty good article-based news site. Nice for some news-type reading that's pretty indepth and opinionated.
4: Very cool, if somewhat long to download, movie.

Edit 3: Crap. Went for a run. Pushed myself a little bit too hard and went sprinting through the local park which, while the word "scenic" springs to mind, it manages to do so only after the words "hilly" and "steep" do so. So I think I pulled something in my groin. I'd check it out, but any kind of groin activity results in a deep and unerring spasm of pain that screams "NO" in a clear, definitive manner.
Which made it really hard to get the hell out the house when my drunk, belligerent housemate Paul started shouting some very not-nice things about my other housemate, Mark, after Paul's girlfriend started fighting with him. Paul is the one I've mentioned previously - the smoking/drinking/shouting one. Thankfully, Mark had been listening to some loud music and hadn't heard any of it but I dashed upstairs and suggested we leave briskly. We did, without Mark knowing exactly why. Which was good. I was forced to grab dinner at a pub, which was expensive, and then wander around till we were sure Paul had left. Paul is staying in the house for the summer and I really, really want to move out of my house because of this, which is a shame as I've lived in it for all 3 years of my University time, with housemates coming and going.
On the plus side, saw that a local restuarant has some vacancies and I'm planning asking in there tomorrow. Nice.