So. Quick as I need to go study and I'm late already, despite an early awakening this morning.
My favourite author (and it's a tough call for me) is Neil Gaiman for many reasons.
Firstly: Here's his blog. He's a funny guy.
And secondly: Check out his favourite word. About halfway down on the left.
Will post more later on strange text messages from a random girl named Sally. If that IS your real name.
Edit: Gah. Blergh. Meh. And other words indicating a lack of motivation and desire for or about anything.
So. Last night, after a text from boyWonder ("I'm drinking and am surrounded by hot girls") and having a glass of wine with housemates and talking, I decided to get my head down for the night and prepare myself for the hours of intensive study I planned for today.
As I'm lying in bed, pleasantly drifting, I get another text message. I assume automatically, it's from Bright.
The rest of this post is a direct dialogue (where my part is vaguely remembered as I don't still have my half of the messages) and the bolded text messages received from "Sally":
Upside down kissing from Spiderman yes or no? X
Who is this?
A friend. Tell me your answer! X
I like Kirsten Dunst, if that's what you're asking. Who is this?
A mysterious woman, and no kirsten dunst is not the answer - the kissing is the question - answer! X
Yeah, I guess I'd kiss Spiderman, but he's no Batman.
Also not the question and you know it! bastard! X
Well maybe if you asked the question properly, you daft bint, I'd understand.
my question is, do you like kissing upside down and have you tried it you sexy beast? X
Do I know you?
You don't know me, but your reputation precedes you. Are you up for anonymous fun? X
liar - I know you. At worst I know your type and I'll not answer till I know your name.
My name is Sally. Seriously you don't know me but your reputation is impressive! X
-----------
brief hiatus. At this point I was trying to write the following message and it took a while. "Sally" phoned during this time and the following conversation took place:
Why haven't you replied? girly giggles in background, sounds like people drinking
I'm writing the message now.
Well send it then. *Phone dies*
-----------------------
ah - so I've "a reputation" then? While I appreciate the flattery attempt, it's not gonna happen. sweet dreams random girl and no, I've not kissed upside down.
fairy snuff ;) be an early nighter then and you should know that kissing upside down is the way to go... normality sucks baby and you know it.
Thanks for the advice - nite.
---- Texting ends----
I've narrowed it down to 3 choices:
1) It's an ex-girlfriend with friends (Sarah/Laura?), drinking and generally deciding to mock their ex's (i.e. me)... at 1 in the morning. When I was bloody tired. (Hence, by the way, the kinda terse responses by me.)
2) It's my housemate (who moved out last week) attempting to set me up with a girl. He does this kind of thing and has a tendency to overplay any girl situation I've been in - hence the "reputation" part. He also sets me up with hairdressers/girls-of-negotiable-affections/girls-with-little-to-no-intelligence.
3) It's a random girl, known either through Ultimate or an ex-girlfriend's friends, who got hold of my number (fairly easy to do) and seemingly wanted something fun to do - i.e. phone up someone they fancied when drunk.
All in all, I don't care. It's kind of irritating though, not knowing who it was, as well as meaning I couldn't sleep for a bit. Plus I wanna know about this "reputation" I have and whether it's indeed real or just flattery. I'd hate to have any "reputation". Give me geeky anonymity or give me death.
Dark And Bright
"It's all about sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."
This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.