This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Tuesday, April 13

I'm going to attempt to write this entire post in a free form, entirely truthful manner as and when thoughts enter my head. I am writing this having finished half the post but am mildly worried as to what I may write still.

Grammar God!
You are a GRAMMAR GOD!


If your mission in life is not already to
preserve the English tongue, it should be.
Congratulations and thank you!


How grammatically sound are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

I am writing this line at 12:53am, although my watch says 00:53.
Today was spent indoors, studying little, and I walked to my favourite place in all of Lancaster. This is a secret place I've told only 1 person about and I regret telling them.
Beautiful.
In conjunction with the above image, my free printing at University and the beloved, beloved Rasterbator (it's a safe link - click on the Galleries to see what it is. It's art and there's no kinkiness whatsoever, despite the name) I intend to redecorate an entire wall. I shall post a photo when I'm done.
I know that tomorrow Bright shall post again and my post shall be below his. This irks me for some reason, childish as it is.
I miss the thought of a girlfriend. I've not regained the want for a girlfriend, but like a amputated limb of some kind, I miss having a girlfriend. It will worsen.
I quite like being me, although my feet stink and I need to sleep more.
I want to cycle to University tomorrow, although I'm pretty sure I'll just catch the bus.
I'm going to have to email my mom for money and I hate doing that, especially since I'm down to my last 4 pounds (excluding various monies owed to me).
The Dark Knight's new site design is NOT easy on the eyes. I'm not saying ours is, but yellow on white is just bad.
I'm going to sleep now, and I hope to dream of purpose.
Before I go - my housemate travelled to a small town nearby and found a gravestone that read "Poet, Philosopher and Failure". I'd like to end up somewhat like that.
Also, I watched "A Beautiful Mind" and recognised the want for recognition as something I also have in large amounts.
I'm going to sleep now.

(/truth)


EDIT: Speedkill - found it and had to do it.

1: Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says:
"Shadow showed her his drivers licence."
"American Gods" by Neil Gaiman - one of my favourite books.

2: Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?

A coffee mug.

3: What is the last thing you watched on TV?

Shit. Um.
Oh. "A Beautiful Mind".

4: WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what the time is:

1:00 am

5: Now look at the clock; what is the actual time?

Fuck. 1:20 am

6: With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?

Nothing.

7: When did you last step outside? What were you doing?

Walked from from a friends house at about 12:00.

8: Before you came to this website, what did you look at?

DeviantArt.

9: What are you wearing?

Favourite baggy jeans and Hawain boxers, 2 t-shirts - one which says "Instinct" and the other "Search and Rescue: Saving BABES only."

10: Did you dream last night?

I... can't really remember.

11: When did you last laugh?

While talking to a friend on MSN Messenger a second or two ago.

12: What is on the walls of the room you are in?

My entire life in: posters, photos, a twig, art prints, calendars (two), schedueles (exam and otherwise), stickers, postcards, leaves, cutlery, post-it-notes, a medical bracelet, a broken record (titled "Pick up the Pieces" - found on the streets of Aldershot when drunk with a Miss Alison Fletcher), movie tickets, a sticker off a bus from Tanzania, badges and a wooden knife I carved when I was 13.

13: Seen anything weird lately?

Only myself. And my wall.

14: What do you think of this quiz?

It's okay. I'm mildly worried about the fact that I come across as a girl for doing it, but I'm a sucker for these things. At least I'm not mass-emailing to people.

15: What is the last film you saw?

"A Beautiful Mind". I though we'd established this.

16: If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?

My freedom from debt. My mom anything she wanted. 3 tickets to South Africa for me and my brothers so we could see our dad. boyWonder some decent clothing.

17: Tell me something about you that I don't know.

I see a lot of beauty in things most people don't and I find myself wavering between "Dude, get OVER YOURSELF" and wanting to find even more until I can express myself right.

18: If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?

People's inability to see beauty. I absolutely hate it when people say things like "God, that poetry is shit." Or "that's not even art".

19: Do you like to dance?

Yeah. Yeah, I do.

20: George Bush: is he a power-crazy nutcase or some one who is finally doing something that has needed to be done for years?

I find myself wavering again - I know too little about politics but my knee-jerk reaction would be power crazy mofo.

21: Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?

"Where-the-fuck-did-you-come-from-I'm-not-your-father-Jesus-fuck-I'm-too-young-for-this-GOD-Help-shit-arse."
I don't know.

22: Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?

Kenneth. Or Steven.

23: Would you ever consider living abroad?

Definitely.