You know you've reached a special kind of geekdom when you seriously consider buying another book on Java because the 2 you have are too simple and you want to fruther experiment with Java over Networks, RMI, Java Beans and Advanced GUI's. Yeah.
Hmmm.... So, as I've said, it's practically "all work, no play" for Dark, with the unfortunate bonus that I do play and feel very bad about it afterwards. On the plus side...
No. There really isn't one. Sure, there's the whole "healthy, bit of money, kinda busy, foot-loose and single (sarcastic)coz THAT'S fun now(/sarcastic) student life" thing. But that's a given. If I was, say, stuck in a cave 5000 feet below the surface of the Earth, these would still apply but I wouldn't exactly be dancing some kind of "Happy Underground dance", would I?
Anyway, life continues. Went out for a quiet, quick drink on Wednesday night to go see a local guitarist guy play ("It's fantastic. When the fan goes on, his hair blows like Jesus!") and got hit on by a 45+ old lady. Her exact words were:
"You're a big boy."
I've scrubbed and scrubbed but I still feel dirty on the inside.
One love out to Ed, who feels my pain. I'm gonna go write a piece on Artificial Intelligence in the Mars Rovers now.
Edit: Caved like a spelunker and bought the book. Cost me £40.
:|
Good to know I amuse you, Ed. (She's update her site, by the way.)
Dark And Bright
"It's all about sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."
This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.