This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Sunday, March 7

So my draft was done. I set out to get drunk. I did. I didn't get very drunk, for various reasons. Mostly, Laura. I wanted to see her without too much alcohol in my system. Each time I see her now I appreciate her more. She's fantastic. Not only is she putting up with me when, as I knew I'd do, I've put work first for the last... well, 8 months but she's been pretty chilled out and laid back - far more so than when we first started going out.
So that's nice.

Otherwise, spent most of today with a horrific hangover thing. While I didn't drink a lot last night I did ingest several things not meant to be ingested, drink wise. I like to think, now, I did this in the manner of an experiment - as a member of some kind of alcoholic academia. Sadly, while I was fine till, oh, 10 of this morning, my lungs, stomach and head decided the world of academia was not for such as I, and threw some kind of macabre party inside my body, forcibly ejecting everything I've ever eaten out of me. I leave the rest to your puny human imaginations, thought I suggest you start with the phrases "acid stomach contents" and "dry retching".

While I've said little to nothing on this blog (at least lately) about boyWonder's, well, the words "escapades" spring to mind, I've the feeling that my superlative sidekick does often commence on these crazy debauch trips of his with little to no real worries. Sure, he seems to spend inordinate amounts of time blogging about his various girl problems but, let's be serious, when your problem is choosing between girls or attempting to decode text messages like "I'd like to shag you", it's hardly along the lines of Third World Debt, is it?
And, unless I've forgotten one of the many, many players in your crazy Love Decathalon, who the hell is Sara?

I'm aware that I'm not an innocent bystander when it comes to the field of heartfelt cries of "My life is hard as women are thronging to me". Indeed, large portions of this blog are that of examples of both Bright and myself attempting to paint our love lives as torrid when, in fact, they verge on the boring or, at best, sordid. I'd like to think we're special and that, someday (as I think all people who blog, do) crowds will throng to this page and hold up our lives as interesting, painful and intriguing... but they're not. Our disorder is that of all artists, bloggers and sulky children - while we readily acknowledge our problems are insignificant, our pains no more than twinges, we still like to think, on some level, our suffering of them is not insignificant. That, for some reason, these insignificant problems still matter and that somehow, somewhere, we will, and indeed should, be recognised for making our way through them.

Or, alternatively, Bright is just too damn sexy for his own good and often engages Penis Before Brain.
He is a guy, though. That happens.

As I've slept all day, I plan to spend most of tonight either Flashing Up our site or working on my draft. I'm beginning to think that poor Shaun's webserver is not quite up to scratch bandwidth wise, at least if we wish to be kind to our readers.

I doubt we'll ever quite reach these standards of design though. Not while I don't have the time to breath, let alone create such a masterpiece.

"the girl will school you...."
Gender Bombs - The Stills



Edit: They've confirmed there's a Hobbit movie in the works.
Research indicates that people who didn't see this coming a mile off may have no brains at all.

Edit 2: Bash.org quotes of the day:

slacker: drunken sex is cool because your mind wanders
slacker: you think about shit like...mountains

McMoo: those presents are wrapped like motherfuckers.
McMoo: like very thoroughly wrapped motherfuckers.