So Sunday Laura came around but fell and hurt herself pretty bad on the way. She had to walk to mine crying (mostly out of shock I think) and then I did the whole good boyfriend thing and looked after her for the afternoon, providing tea and warmth and cleaning her up. She's okay.
She fell asleep next to me for about 30 minutes, again I think from shock. It was the best 30 minutes of my year so far.
Since then I've been negotiating a new computer system. Not stunning, but groovy.
Feel free, as I know you will, thronging masses, to comment.
The aforementioned negotiation may end up with me extending my overdraft. Bummer.
Otherwise, I have to demonstrate my tank tomorrow. This may kill me. Be warned.
I've mentioned this guy, right?
Edit: So late afternoon I get my tank working to the point it panics if something unexpectedly gets in it's way and then swerves off to the left in a fairly specific manner and can generally cruise around on it's own. This is good. I'm happy. It's all working out. And, with a bit of hard work, I'll be able to show off tomorrow, demonstrating some learning curves and ready, eager and just waiting to spring into some badly needed evaluation work.
Then, after recharging my tank, it stops working. I'm not talking a software problem. I'll talking
full
hardware
shutdown.
Think: Fuck.
As my tutor custom built it, he'd have to literally rip it to pieces to rebuild any broken bits. Throw in a 4 days to a week to re-find/order parts and I'm 2 weeks behind. I have 4 weeks left. Fuck fuck fuck.
I'm gonna go listen to live jazz and have a beer. This is killing me.
Dark And Bright
"It's all about sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."
This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.