So I look at this site and see a hell of a lot of Bright "face".
That's 'cause it's difficult actually being expected to do work (note I didn't say "working") and have a broken rib and upgrade my pc all in one go.
The broken rib thing is definitely a hindrance in the boy/girl thing. You know how damn hard it is to "get jiggy" when you're afraid your own skeleton, your very framework, might pierce a lung and force you to spew forth blood and lung butter and all this while trying to negotiate a bra-clasp of death?
I overuse italics, I know.
boyWonder and myself have mastered the One Hand Bra Undo manoeuvre and compared notes. Mastered it so much so, in fact, that Laura demanded a full recount of my "history" when I managed to undo her bra through her clothes and without her noticing, like some kind of subtly deadly Sex Ninja.
Her rebuttal, whilst long-coming, was brutally efficient, with the purchase of a bra so horribly complex in it's clasp that one fears that, should you fumble whilst in the heat of the moment, it may snap shut like some kind of horrific yet sensual bear-trap, breaking fingers like Twiglets.
Laura and I had a serious discussion on Saturday where I brought up my feelings on the "mean and self-centred" comments and the air was cleared a bit. This is good. It's 3 months tomorrow so I got her a card and a cool "Perfect Man" kit, which has this little plastic dude you can attach speech bubbles to with things like "Let's go shopping!" and "You look beautiful. Have you lost weight?" on it.
Work's going okay. I just want to finish this dissertation now. Screw the 4 weeks left. I want it over with.
Applying for jobs still.
Well, job.
One I'm not gonna get but is super-cool. If I did get it, I'd have to skip Camp America and Canada, sadly, but it would mean money wouldn't be an issue and I'd some nice benefits.
Like I said, though, I'm not gonna get it.
Ed, I appreciate the Emily comment. If it was possible, at all, I like to think I'd have gone for it. C'est la vie.
I'm once again sitting with a "fresh" install of Windows and can't connect to Canada-Connection, Canuck Central, Shaunus Maximus but will work on it since it's just simple ftp damnit and I'm a Computer Science Major and I have a nice heading to put up and possibly some flash. Ho hum.
Bright: The Alice deal sounds good, if complicated and ... not good. What I mean is, sounds like someone actually significant as opposed to, if you'll pardon the flippancy, random girls. Sometimes I pity you, then I count the girls you "have to think about" and don't.
I'm gonna drink beer and fill out application forms.
Dark And Bright
"It's all about sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."
This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.