Went out randomly tonight. Didn't really drink (2 beers and a double vodka) but danced like a mad man to ... dance music. I'm not ashamed. I've enjoyed dance music sometimes but it generally means heading to places I'd rather not be.
Be certain when realising I differentiate between "dance" and "cheese". boyWonder over there thrives on cheese as a brightly coloured polyp might thrive on the dark, deep ocean floor when fed with the heat and minerals from an underwater geyser. He dances as if possessed. And when I say possessed I mean in the "pea soup everywhere, general desecration of all that's holy" kind of satanic act that defies everything and anything you've ever loved. I myself enjoy cheese, but only when incapable of resisting (i.e. being so drunk as to worry I might die.)
No, I'm talking about classic dance.
Because generally the people who enjoy dance music are what the English term "townies". These are your general "I'm 17, have a souped-up car, smoke and my girlfriend is 13 and pregnant" kinda guys and girls to match, as a dirty 80's tracksuit might match. Occasionally you see and get University students who enjoy their serious dance heading into the dives of these strange creatures and I have the fortunate/unfortunate pleasure of being friends with a few of them. Hence my outing tonight.
It was pretty good though. Had a general rave going on in my new shirt, looked pretty fly and had my ass grabbed twice with 3 different occasions of "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to dance into you" kind of encounters.
There was excessive cleavage and general short skirts but a warm Laura front brought soothing skies and balmy air, causing a "nod, smile, move away" period for most of the night.
She wasn't present but the thought of her was, which was enough.
And now Bright with the sports...
Dark And Bright
"It's all about sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."
This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.