This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Saturday, January 17

Strangely, I myself am also in a fairly decent mood. Despite the whole project semi-debacle (it's a word, now), I got my remote tank working on Thursday so celebrated with only about 5 hours work on Friday and a few beers on Thursday and hanging out with Laura last night.
The night started out really really well. We went walking at about 9:00pm to the local Memorial in the park, built by a wealthy dead guy in Victorian times and it was absolutely stunning. We could see over the whole of Lancaster and there were still white strings of Christmas lights up in the trees and no one was around. The air was icicle cold and the stars were the most clear they've been in ages.
Then we went to go meet my housemate and some of his friends for a few drinks. Only, Laura and my housemate, Mark, didn't get on too well. In fact there was bitching and open nastiness between them. So I feel pretty crappy. Because it's kinda Laura's fault.
I shouldn't blame, I know, or dare to take sides but... Laura has this open, say-what-she-thinks, side that is one of the major reasons I really like her. But sometimes her open views are a bit... elitist. And mean. I actually said something on those lines and she agreed she was like that sometimes but couldn't help it.
Damnit.
She's said things that I simply don't agree with. I'm the most open-minded person ever, able to see practically any view (I think) and somehow, the few viewpoints I can't agree with happen to be my girlfriend's. And that's not the bad part - if we don't see eye to eye, great. But to have to choose between this girl and a friend, I'll take a friend everytime. But... it's a shit situation to be in.
So I'm gonna try get them sorted out, then I can figure where I stand on her views.