Man, today sucked on so all levels but a few. I'll start with the good stuff first:
1) I got to start my optional modules for computing this term so I currently only have 7 hours of lectures a week. Pretty sweet, since they're A.I, Multimedia Systems and Critical Systems - all subjects that interest me. Pretty cool.
2) ... That's it. I guess.
Now the bad stuff.
1) Spoke to some people on my course. "Yes, I've already written my program for my dissertation. 8500 lines of code..."
Holy Hell in a hand basket. I've approximately 700 lines of code. And while lines does not equal work done, especially for an analytical project, the fact this guy only had to write his dissertation itself (still another 10 000 words) scared me. Fuck. Scared me a lot.
2) My project broke. I have a remote control tank that I have to use and it broke. A wire snapped. I need to get it fixed. Badly. Yesterday.
3) My eyes are still scratched to crap and hurt pretty much constantly. I've got some eye drops that help for, oh, about 20 seconds after I use them.
4) I didn't get to see Laura today after I said I would.
5) I went into the Bank to draw cash, only to be told the statement I had just had printed was wrong and I did, in fact, have no money at all. The lady behind the counter was extra-nice, assumed I had been crying (the red eyes) and asked whether I wanted to extend my overdraft. This is the mental equivalent of a Vulcan Nerve Pinch, follwed by a slow appraisal while I'm unable to move and then several kicks to the groin, all ending with a badly dubbed laugh track ala old Japanese Kung Fu movies.
6) Those cool optional modules I mentioned above? The hardest modules you can do, apparently. All with coursework due at the same time as my dissertation.
All in all, I'm shitting myself. The sudden free time is good and, if done properly means loads of work time for my project. I still, however, am scared about it. Worried. Terrified. We'll see, I guess. I'd just really, really like a 2:1. That'd be nice.
Edit: It's okay, a little bit. This could be another good thing about today.
Dark And Bright
"It's all about sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."
This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.