So. Time to blog properly, at last. I've little time of late to do anything but work or play frisbee or occasionally, if I'm lucky, talk to my girlfriend. I'm organising every hour of every day I'm awake at the moment, from when I wake up to the ridiculously late times I go to sleep. The problem with this is that, while I'll decide to do 2 hours worth of my Third Year project from 3 to 5 on an afternoon, I inevitably spend the majority of time doing things like laundry, eating or tidying my room or something random. The only reason I'm typing this now, in fact, is because my Dissertation meeting was cancelled. If it wasn't I'd be currently explaining how unhappy I am with my own progress. It's not that I haven't done work on my project - it's that I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be with it.
That aside, I feel as if I haven't dedicated any time to this blog lately. Last night, while supposedly doing work, I read through pretty much all of our archives and came to realise a few things:
1) I come across as an arrogant, all-knowing bastard who swears too much. I'm not actually phased too much by this, strangely enough despite the fact I think I'm neither.
2) It's been ages since I blogged properly - actually described what it was I spent the weekend/day/month doing. So I though I'd try and accomplish two things in the little time we have together. I'd re-describe myself - at least so that, at some point in the hopefully immediate future, I have a nice block of text to throw into our redesigned personal pages. Secondly I'll describe my weekend and girlfriend situation.
While I read other blogs (hey you) I have a tendency to automatically never bother to read them again if they lapse into a series of posts with references to things that aren't part of my day or are about things or people personal to the blogger only. While this is an unrealistic and stupid reason to not read blogs and I know I make some serious exceptions to it anyway I'd still like to try and keep this blog occasionally semi-coherent for an outside reader, despite it's original intent (communication between myself and boyRomeo over there).
So here goes. I'm 21, an ex-patriot South African guy living in England and have done for 4 years. I study Computer Science at University and am in my final year. I don't enjoy it as much as I should do in order to take it but it's going to provide for me a sound job market and some money, in theory. I'm about 6 ft 4 inches tall and have dark hair. I've a tendency to be overly cynical, especially lately. This manifests itself in the form of random (I hate the word but) rants about things like Soap Operas, my Lecturers, Girls and anything else I think is stupid at a given moment. I like mint-choc chip ice-cream and I draw too much. What I draw isn't special or particularly arty but I enjoy it. I'll put some of my sketches back up at some point. I enjoy music to the point where the first thing I do in the morning is turn it on and the last thing at night turn it off. I usually like rock music or punk or anything with some emotion but I listen to classical sometimes and bands like Coldplay or Radiohead - "rock+" I like to think of it as. I play Ultimate Frisbee, sport of the Gods, for my university. I like to think I'm okay at it. I have a few ex-girlfriends but I think I (and sometimes boyWonder) spend too much time over-analysing and conversing when we should be doing. Correction: I know we do. I have a girlfriend named Laura of only a week but that fact that she broke up with her boyfriend for me and I had had a girlfriend just a day previous but none for a year before that is an indication of the usual complexity of my love-life. This blog has a tendency to lapse into "nice-but-drunk" guy mode, where Bright and I decide that women are either perfect or a waste of time, mostly depending on what we'd drunk that evening. Bright and myself are best friends of a few years, at different universities and studying different degrees. We originally started this blog as a method of communication and out of boredom (at least on my part). A few of my favourite movies, amongst others, are Donnie Darko, Amelie, Vanilla Sky, Van Wilder Party Liason and Fight Club. Yeah. I'd add more but I think that's enough for now.
My girlfriend Laura... It's going really well. Doesn't seem like we've been going out for a week at all, which is either a really good thing or a totally bad one. She knows I'm off to the States for Summer Camp next June and that I'm probobly going to get a random job somewhere after that but life is all about living while you can, I guess. We are both really busy at the moment, with it being the end of term, so we don't get to see each other as much as we'd like (meaning... you know, obviously only in the last week - which sounds really lame.) She's very sure of herself and has opinions on everything. She also believes I'm the best looking guy in the world, which is flattering but very much untrue, and is hence a bit scared I'll cheat on her. We've had some pretty serious discussions about it and about a lot of things. Casual intimacy is still the best thing in the world - just sitting with her, legs draped over each other, all messed up. It's great. She's got great legs. She's also very intelligent and knows this, which is refreshing. Most people aren't or don't or deny it. She belongs to the History society, the Guides society and the Labour Party at the University but rocks out all the time and looks fantastic in jeans. This first week has been great and I'm making an effort to see her pretty much every day, which is hard or impossible but good when it works. Yeah.
I guess that's it for now. I'm currently re-reading "Catcher in the Rye" because it's one of my favourite books. Pretty much all of Chapter 17 is amazing and, at the moment, resonates with me entirely, which is sometimes worrying. My current favourite song (making a comeback) is "Get Over it" by Ok Go. I'm also listening to a lot of Coldplay (good spotting Shaun and NorwegianSwedish Lady - and Shaun, I take back that "meme resistant" comment I made a while back) because they're Laura's favourite band. I'll put up a tragic Linkectomy of some of my favourite sites sometime in the next hour or so hopefully. I guess that's it for now. Bright - send me any sites you want up there or add them in our template thingy if you want when it's up.
Edit: I can't setup the Linkectomy since I've a lecture in an hour but Bash.org, courtesy of that Polish chick or whatever =), is incredibly funny.
(Paradox) So, guys, I have some news.
(Paradox) I know I usually don't talk much about stuff unless it's solid, but this is interesting, and I think you should know.
(Paradox) I just got an E-mail about an interesting proposition.
* volsung_ perks up.
(Paradox) Apparently, there are lesbians that want my 'hard cock.'
* volsung_ flips Paradox the bird.
(volsung_) :)
(Paradox) They want it 'now,' apparently, so the timetable is somewhat limited.
(volsung_) Are you going to just take their offer as presented, or is there an opportunity for negotiation?
(Paradox) I'm not sure.
(volsung_) I'm sure your hard cock is in great demand. An exclusive deal might not be in your best interest.
(Paradox) Last time I got an offer like this, there were some catches.
Check it out.
Dark And Bright
"It's all about sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."
This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.