This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Wednesday, December 31

So yeah, we had pheasant for dinner last night. Was fantastic. We also went for a drive through Yorkshire and walked on some hills and drank lots of wine again. I'm fairly certain that's 5 nights in a row were I've been drinking. This isn't good. But... a sober New Year?
Perhaps.
I've no idea what we're doing for New Year. We had a housemeeting about it (read: We sat and drank wine till one of us fell asleep sitting up and the other two talked about it) and we all want different things.
I'd like to be in a big crowd 'cause I've never done the New Years thing in a crowd. I've always been at home.
The one of us that can drive wants to stay at home and go to sleep around 9:30pm, possibly after watching WithNail and I,
And the last wants to "wake up next to the sea", which sounds cool if it wasn't winter and England.
We decided to all wake up at, earliest, midday today and decide when we ran into each other. Which, since it's 1:30pm and I'm the only one up, will probobly be around late afternoon.

On the other hand, the weird, self-aware one, I phoned Laura again while under the influence of alcohol last night. She's pretty serious about us still, doing the classic girl maneouvre of "I'd be pissed that you don't text me all the time if we were serious but since we're not serious it's all okay"
The aim of this girl exercise (as far as I can see, but I'm open to interpretation here) to
a) introduce the word serious as often as possible. If it's mentioned, it's open for discussion and there's a movement toward it.
b) to shame you into both feeling you've done something wrong and that you admit so, as well as declare you'd be able to do the "serious" thing.
Now I've no problem with the serious thing. I've had issues with it but after several discussions and some thought it'd be quite nice to do the serious thing, possibly even with Laura. But using this method to somehow shame me into it is just stupid.
Granted, it kind of worked. I said I'd text more if I had more money.

Finally: I had some weird dreams last night. In one I was Superman and there was 3 of me. In another I fell in lust with a trapeze artist. In the last there was a bar directly across the road from me and I fail my degree because hot women go there.
Paging Dr Freud. That's Dr Freud to the Psych Ward, stat.
May post later when I know what I'm doing for New Years. If you're reading this stick something in the chat box thing about what you're doing, if anything, for it. I'm intrigued.

Edit: I totally got the Nigerian Spam Email this morning. Sweet.