So: quick breakdown of my Saturday night. Was a glorious, incredible evening. Got back after practice and felt dead. Had 3 hours of Ultimate indoor practice and some fitness so could barely walk. My housemate, as I've mentioned, has a gay guy and this funky girl up for the weekend. All my housemates, myself and some random other friends are enjoying a nice dinner when I get back. I haven't really spoken to the funky girl because she arrived when I was at practice. I decided to not interrupt their dinner with my sweaty, stinky entrance so I head upstair and take a shower. For various reasons I decided to wear a white shirt, black tie and jeans out (which, by the way, always garners me some nice attention). My shirt was a crumpled mess so, conscious of the guests, I throw my jeans on and kind of half button it up for the quick walk upstairs to the ironing board. When I reach the laundry room though, the funky girl (who my housemate is actually in love with) follows me up and asks why "I'm half undressed with your shirt". I say I don't wish to be "indecent in company". Her reply was "I'm sure no one would mind. I wouldn't."
Basically, this only continues throughout the night. She makes comments more and more saucily. I'm not talking "You're real nice" etc.
More "Whenever I drink red wine I get all horny". When we leave to go watch the fireworks both her, my housemate and the gay guy are trashed. Totalled. Drunk.
To cut a long story short we get to the fireworks only to have the gay guy have a panic attack. He keeled over, clutched my jacket and refused to let go until we'd fought our way through about 300 people and even then he was hyperventilating and crying and breaking down. I kind of managed to calm him down and tried to get hold of my housemate while the funky girl (who had followed me out) tried to comfort the gay guy but somehow also managed to get a few comments in as well ("Andrew, don't touch my boobs, darling, you'll only get my nipples erect"). I finally had to walk my housemate, the drunk gay guy and funky girl all the way back home. And all this between 7:30pm and 9:00pm.
And the best part? The kicker, the real thing that got me through all this? I don't know if you know the feeling but the reason I run or exercise or play sport is that feeling, about half an hour after intense exercise, of a total natural high for no real reason. It's this incredible feeling of being unable to stop grinning. And that's all I felt for 2 hours. I felt on top of the goddamn world for no reason whatsoever. Whenever this girl made a comment, instead of thinking "Shit, I don't really like her, my housemates in love with her and this gay guy is going to implode any second" I'd just start giggling or grinning. Not because her comment was funny or interesting or erotic - just because the entire situation was wacked out.
It was a potential screwup of an evening but I just grinned my way though it feeling the most incredible I have in ages for absolutely no real reason bar lack of oxygen to the brain and extreme tiredness.
Having walked them back I headed out and met up with some of my friends and went out drinking and talking. That was cool too.
Guess who's considering doing a Masters Degree at Warwick? No, go on, guess.
Song of the Moment: Soak up the sun by Sheryl Crow
Dark And Bright
"It's all about sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."
This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.