This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.

Monday, October 13

Having a pretty shitty day so far.
To Whit: Money is once again becoming an issue. While I'd like to upgrade my pc, buy me some proper webspace, get a new going out shirt, go out (in the aforementioned theoretical shirt), I'm dying for the green stuff. While it would, in fact, be easy for me to get a job, such as BoyWonder has, I'm denied, ironically by the benefactor of that providing the money. Gift horse, mouth, etc. I guess.
Also, I managed to lose a single shoe. One. A sneaker. While my love of sneakers is so deep and profound that a tear is brought to my eye merely upon the mention of sneakers gone by, I left a singular sneaker on the football field yesterday after I used it to mark out an endzone. Granted, I got it back today, but only after I was forced to come to uni in my smartish shoes. Also, I forgot my library card at home, rendering me unable to get out the book I want or buy a bus pass, thus forcing me to spend another £1.50 to get into uni.

And, lastly, I still haven't received anything in the way of email, text message or carrier pigeon from Em. It's killing me. I've sent her the arty letter I created but I'm not sure whether it will do the trick. I also texted/SMSed her and got nothing.
On the other hand, I broke a cardinal rule of mine and drew a "cartoon-esque" picture of her... of someone I know... and actually tried to achieve some kind of realism. I think it turned out okayish and it's a part of the letter which I've sent, but I'd have liked to have had more time with it...

In a moment of weakness this afternoon I actually considered trying for the part of Romeo in the play the theatregroup is putting on soon.

Your bet dude... intriguing. Only actual problem I can see is that you tend to lead an active lifestyle - work, frisbee etc. - while David Blaine is, in fact, in a box. I'm predicting head rushes by day 3 and potential fainting by day 5... but good luck anyway kid.


Edit:

"I'm in limbo, you see"
said the boy to the tree
"For the girl does not reply"

"I've nought for thee"
said the quiet old tree
"But I'm told it helps to lie"

"To myself or to she?"
asked the boy to the tree
"For surely either will hurt?"

But tree did not say
and so ended the day
as they both lay dying in the dirt