So I plan to post now on 2 things: The Flavour of Girls in Salt Lake City, The Afternoon Ahead and ... well, we'll see. This may take a while, both for me to post and you to read, despite my spiderlike speed on a keyboard (Can you see them now? My twitching fingers, dancing a macabre flitter-flutter over the letters?)
Firstly though - I've spent the last 2 hours reading short story horror so expect the odd random reference. I tend to omosize when I read.
American girls, in general, are Good. Like all generalisms, I guess this is untrue and rather shallow but this is, in essence, the conclusion I've come to. As to whether I prefer English girls to American... the jury is currently out. Probobly looking at porn.
Since getting to Salt Lake City, however, I had yet to see the best of what America could offer on a purely looks basis. The streets themselves throng with hot girls and (read carefully - this is the important part) of every flavour.
I tend to think of girls like Candy. I tend to think of a lot of things like Candy but the girl metaphor is fairly apt.
Girls come in flavours, much jelly beans. Everything from Skater Chick, to LibrarianLooking Girl, to Art Girl - the list goes on and on. Since reaching Salt Lake I've seen the best (solely on the looks department) of each flavour. Everything from Hot Asian Girl in Mini-Skirt to Hot Art Girl has passed before these eyes and, importantly, there's been that... draw there. I'm fairly certain I can see past just looks but with not all but a lot of the girls I've seen there's been a drawing force - that feeling of interest, like the feeling you get when looking at a good piece of art. Like the artist hid a meaning in there somewhere and, if you look hard enough, you might be able to see it. This drawing feeling is universal, is somewhat lacking in the majority of girls. I also think that drawing feeling is akin to taste in girls - that I may feel drawn to someone when boyWonder isn't or vice versa. Again, like jelly bean flavours or art. Last night, in the conversation that led to this post, I was asked to list the "Flavours" in order of preference. I'd have to go with:
1) Surfer girls
2) Art Girls
3) Alternative Rock girls (although not the whole Goth thing)
This is kind of a stupid list, since I tend to judge on an individual basis but I look at this list as more of list of which flavours I've been attracted to most.
I could go on, I suppose but I'll move on to the afternoon ahead. Since the guy I'm staying with (Adam) is working, I'm gonna be spending it with one of his flatmates - a guy who suggested we split the price of a 30 pack of beer and just spend the afternoon getting wasted. On the one hand, I'm kind of nervous of getting drunk at practically mid-day. On the other hand, I'd only spend the afternoon reading or wandering around Salt Lake City. So it looks like I'm gonna spend the afternoon drunk. Nice.
I'll probobly post more tomorrow and daily till at least Tuesday. Check back if you're interested or bored.
Dark And Bright
"It's all about sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."
This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.