Cool. So I'm at camp now. It's pretty good. I'll stick up an email I wrote up here, change a few settings, then I got to make like Tom and Cruise. (Or make like a tree and get the hell outa here.)
hey all,
Note: This email has been deemed “not as sarcastic/funny/dark as the majority of Ryan's Emails“. This is due to Technical Reasons (I'm tired - I got work to do soon).
Right - my first real email from Camp. All is pretty good - I've settled in loads in the last few days - been out a few times to Portland, Maine with some people and settled into Computer Classes (something they said I wouldn't have to teach but looks like I am). While I was initially pretty nervous/angry/freaked out about being here and getting stuck with computers, it seems all good now. Took me a while to settle in and since I missed all the orientation stuff I still get left behind in some stuff that everyone else seems to know, but it's working out.
Like I said, I went out in Portland over here as spent the first night in America in a pub in New York with some I met on the plane over. New York was incredible (all 12 hours I got to see of it) and I'd love to live there at some point. On my night off from Camp I went out to Portland, had a 12 ounce sirloin steak and some beers and chilled out a bit. Also visited Walmart - I'm still uncertain as to whether it was a Supermarket or some kind of Independant Republic, run by Communist Oppressors. It was huge. Everything from guns to cheap watches to inflatable pools.
The Camp itself is incredible - the kids pay about $4000 to come here for 4 weeks. They windsurf, waterski, do computer stuff, mountain bike, have dances and loads of other stuff. When I got back from my night out I went out on the dock with some people and checked out the stars - the sky out here is amazing so I got to watch satellites and shooting stars. I'm also fairly certain I saw someone sharing a quiet cigarette with some friends and a mosquito. They're pretty big out here.
Otherwise, I guess I'll email soon. I'm doing 14 hour work days at the moment (where work means either preparing or looking after a bunk or teaching or eating or...) so my time is kinda limited but I'll try.
To just summarise: I'm okay. The Mosquitos are huge and feast on the flesh of the unwary. Computer teaching sucks but it could be worse.
So that's it. I guess I could write more and I probobly will at some point but I'm absolutely wrecked at the moment and I have to teach a class in 15 minutes. I'm supposed to be teach stuff I don't know. Great.
This concludes our broadcast day.
Dark And Bright
"It's all about sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."
This Blog has been closed down. Below are the archives and the final 2 posts.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.
Edit as of 26th October 2004
Archives back.